Any Treatment For Missing Teeth Is Much Better Than None!
Have you been postponing tooth replacement? If so, it’s crucial to seek professional treatment as soon as possible. Failing to treat missing teeth in your smile can result in serious consequences that ultimately threaten healthy neighboring teeth and your overall well being. Whether you have one or several missing teeth, exploring your options with help from an experienced dental implant provider like Dr. Allain can help prevent bone mass deterioration. Don’t postpone treatment any longer.
Short-Term Effects of Missing Teeth
Although most individuals are well aware of the short-term effects missing teeth can have on their smile, many don’t realize how neglecting treatment can have overwhelming consequences beyond appearance. In fact, missing teeth can damage healthy neighboring teeth and overall dental health – making matters worse. The short-term effects of missing teeth include:
- Empty sockets that are vulnerable to infection
- Insecurity when talking or smiling
- Pain when eating and drinking
- General self-consciousness
- A lack of support, weakening surrounding teeth
Long-Term Effects of Missing Teeth
There is a similar lack of awareness around the long-term consequences of missing teeth. If gaps in the smile are neglected and no restorations are placed, the empty sockets can cause a wide array of problems ranging from infection to bone depletion. Other long-term effects that can rise due to missing teeth include:
- Shrinking jaw, due to a lack of support
- Development of gum disease
- Weak and loose surrounding teeth
- Nutrition can suffer, affecting overall health
- A change in appearance caused by sinking cheeks